Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University was founded in 1899. Recently SPbPU became a National Research University, known worldwide as Polytechnic Institute recognized in Russia and world-wide as a top engineering and economic educational institution providing a wide range of degree programs in: Engineering & Technologies, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Management & Economics, Social Science & Humanities. Besides the University has been a member of the state-funded 5-100 academic excellence. Watch this video about SPbPU.
Facts and Figures:
- Total number of students – 31,772 (including 5 408 international students)
- Teaching staff – 2238 (including 202 visiting professors)
- University staff – 4056
- BSc, MSc, PhD programs in Russian – more than 300
- BSc, MSc programs in English – 20
- Summer and Winter School modules – 35
- Russian Studies Programs – 8
- University Foundation Programs – 3
- 12 institutes
- Over 400 partner-universities
- Joint Science and Technology Institute
- Science park and incubator
- One of the largest scientific and technical libraries in Russia
- Over 100 ha Campus area
- 23 dormitories
- International campus
- Medical centre
- Modern sports centre
- Concert halls.
The University Campus occupies huge area and is situated between 4 metro stations, and it is very convenient and accessible. It is only 20 minutes far from the city center by metro. The University is located in the cultural capital of Russia, very fascinating and amazing city – Saint Petersburg.